Sunday, November 30, 2008

NaBloPoMo - Day 30 - Till next year

So today is the last day of National Blog Posting Month. I really can't believe November is over. Posting every day wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. I welcomed the challenge of trying to think of something to write about daily and found myself looking forward to taking the time to post. I went back through all my posts for the month and realized that I really enjoy this and I'm kind of funny...kind of. I got to revisit all the events of the month and love that I have a running commentary on what is going on in my life. Posting daily also taught me how to edit my posts...not everything is blog worthy. Writing posts made me want to journal about my personal experiences also. I've never really been a journaler but now I feel like I want to document things so I can look back and reflect on my life and my experiences and so maybe one day my kids can learn from my experiences and know a little bit more about their parents. I would have loved the opportunity to know what my mom was like when she was my age. I bet we are pretty similar. I would probably be best friends with her at age 25 just like I am now.

NaBoPoMo also helped me appreciate all the bloggers blogs that I read regularly who support their families with their writing. The camaraderie and connection that the Internet allows is such a wonderful gift and privilege. But it is strange at the same time. I feel like I KNOW some of these people that I read about daily. I always wonder if I'm ever going to run into Susan from Friday Playdate in the grocery store or at the mall. I would be that really awkward person that gets excited and creepily approaches her and thanks her for her daily humor about being a mother and living in Oklahoma. I'm so inspired by people and proud to be a part of this human family. I don't know who reads this other than my family but I enjoy the outlet it provides.

I'll be posting regularly from now on and next year I'll be participating again in NaBloPoMo. Now I just have to think of my Monthly Self Improvement for Dec.

No comments: