Thursday, January 15, 2009

Amen!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=99311912 ~listen to me!

I don't know if anyone heard this interview on NPR on Tuesday with Gene Robinson, the Episcopal bishop that will give the invocation at the opening events of Obama's inauguration on Sunday, but it had me talking to the radio and nodding my head in agreement. I'm sure there are alot of "angry" religious types out there reacting to this interview and Bishop Robinson's selection. But to them I channel Yomama and say ~ GET OVER YOURSELF!

All public prayers should address "the God of our many understandings". I'm glad that Obama & his team are setting this precedent early. I will certainly make an effort to hear the invocation on Sunday.

And now a reflection from Mr. Lama~

Now, there are many, many people in the world, but relatively few with whom we interact, and even fewer who cause us problems. So, when you come across such a chance for practicing patience and tolerance, you should treat it with gratitude. It is rare. Just as having unexpectedly found a treasure in your own house, you should be happy and grateful to your enemy for providing that precious opportunity.-His Holiness the Dalai Lama

1 comment:

yomama said...

i have enough treasures in my heart house that i should be sustained for all eternity. yomama

may the holiness that guides my understanding of the divine bless this new administration and their efforts to be inclusive to all children of the universe.