Thursday, January 22, 2009

365 Days of Grace - Day 1 of 365

With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
- Dalai Lama

So lately I've been feeling empowered. No particular reason really but I'm just "in a really good place right now". (*Sorry for the use of an annoying cliche phrase*) I was in cycle/circuit class on Wed night and had an epiphany of sorts. I just couldn't believe that I was enjoying being tortured for one solid hour by getting on and off a spin bike to lift weights. I couldn't believe that I am excited to study for the LSAT and go back to school, or that I couldn't wait to go to work the next day and close the lease negotiation that I was working on. It is just weird! I am so grateful for every day and every moment! (I know this is getting ridiculous...I promise I'm almost done...)

Along with my fitness schedule, my reading schedule, my singing schedule, my dates with Tim schedule and my TV watching schedule...I decided that although I enjoy running around with my iPhone filled with lists and schedules I want to s-l-o-w d-o-w-n and savor the flavor (to use another cliche) of my life. Live in the moment (last one I promise) if you will. But often when we start listing what we are grateful for it usually ends up being a monologue about how great we are individually...see paragraph above ;). This time will be different.

***
I stumbled upon some bloggers I read posting Day whatever of 365 Days of Grace and looked in to what it was. As you know I have an affinity for list making, so what better way to fulfill #32 and be a little more optimistic about life in general. I will strive to NOT make a list about myself. So join in or not... a little optimism and gracious perspective never hurt anyone...

1. Oscar nominations

2. Netflix on xBox to watch Oscar nominated movies

3. coffee and peanut butter power bars

4. productive department meetings

5. friends that you can be honest with

No comments: