Wednesday, November 5, 2008

NaBloPoMo Day 5

"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path"
Buddha

So much has happened in the last 24 hours and I don't really want to talk about it. I'm tired of talking and listening to politics and what everyone thinks and accuses. It is over...or rather it has just begun. As proud as I am about the major decision that has been made I am sad and deeply offended by others. But I can only control my own actions, thoughts, and words. All I can do is rally the troops and provide love, support, and a non-judgemental ear for my loved ones. Because no matter what you believe, what you do, what "happens" to you I will not judge...I will only love.

All day today I have been praying for some guidance for my feelings. All I want to do is go work out. Get on the tread mill and turn into my thoughts and meditate. I have never wanted to do this in the past. I always wanted to talk it out and pass on my stress to others. I would get so worked up over things that I would get sick. But now I almost feel calmer in the face of these issues instead of anxious. It is amazing what a little enlightenment can do for a girl.

So here are some meditations from Buddha that have come to mind for the day:

"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection"

"Three things can not be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."

"There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills."

1 comment:

yomama said...

"for those moments of random acts of ignorance.... duck and cover (your heart). be grateful that you have the wisdom to seek and live truth in your own peaceful place. we know that intelligence is more in the questions than the answers." yo mama quoting herself