Wednesday, November 26, 2008

NaBloPoMo - Day 26 - Thanks!

Although Thanksgiving is tomorrow having family in town this week has had me thinking of the things I'm thankful for this year. So much has happened in the last year. I almost feel like it is New Years and I'm looking back. I still have one more month to make memories for 2008. But here is my annotated list of thankfulnesses. I'm going to get pacific here because thanking friends and family in a blanket statement is lame and doesn't waste enough time when writing posts at work at 3:30pm the day before Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for...
1. Being an American - tomorrow is just Thursday ever where else in the world
2. Tim - he's the bestest husband I know and he puts up with my crazy. I'm thankful for the fact that we agree that communication is the most important thing in our relationship and that we can overcome anything if we keep that in mind.
3. Sara - with out her I wouldn't love my job as much or have been inspired to go to law school or have someone to give great suggestions to about anything and every thing
4. Amy - she is cute and funny...but really she needs no explanation because our love can not be explained...(*awkward pregnant pause*)
5. My parents - I'm so thankful for their love and support of every endeavor that I may decide to obsess about for what ever duration whether it be a second or years. I'm thankful for the love that they show each other and the openness they have about their relationship. No matter what dysfunctions they may think they have, their marriage is one that proves that love conquers all and give me an example to live up to.
6. My seesters, Elise and Monica. I miss them every single day. Although we didn't get along great growing up...now they are my best friends. Living in three different states really made me realize how much I need them. A compromise must be made about the livable distance at some point. I'm so excited for Elise to live in OK again so we can make some more memories together and I'm so excited for Monica to be living her dream of studying in another country in Jan. Although I will miss her terribly now that I've discovered the glory that is Skype I won't be so heartsick for her goofy face.
7. My health. A little over a year ago I was 20 lbs over weight with a bad knee. Tomorrow I will run in my first 5K. I'm so thankful and proud of myself for putting my health as a priority and I finally feel good. Getting healthy turned out to have many more than just physical benefits. The self confidence is almost overwhelming. Getting healthy has improved my physical appearance, my relationships, my career, and my spirituality.
And finally...
8. I'm thankful for being alive. It sounds silly, but really. Being alive, living in the moment, the world is such a wonderful place with wonderful people and I don't want to miss anything. I savor every moment good and bad. It makes me who I am.

Habe Dank.

1 comment:

Monica said...

you are de best

what is habe dank?