Sunday, November 16, 2008

NaBloPoMo - Day 16

So yesterday I went to see the Oklahoma City University Opera Department perform La Rondine by Puccini. I went by myself at the last minute and I'm so glad I did because the show was sooooo good! The student vocalists were incredible! I had never seen this opera but I'm studying one of the arias from the first act. The show was even more enjoyable because this is the first time I've seen a show and not felt the grip of jealousy with every note. It was lovely to be able to just appreciate the talent of the students and the beauty of the story without a two hour internal monologue of bitterness all the while berating myself about not pursuing my vocal music degree. I sat through both of the intermissions with excitement and anticipation for my recital, getting to hear one of the students in the show sing as a soloist for Canterbury in Dec., and the opportunities that await me as a hobby singer. Clarity and direction are wonderful. It was refreshing to finally witness these new characteristics of mine. I kept thinking...isn't it going to be fun to be a singing attorney...

No comments: