Friday, October 3, 2008

If only...

Today it was 59 degrees when I walked out of my apartment to go to work. Standing outside my door trying to lock it i realized how stuffy the air in our apartment is. I started dreaming right then and there about what I would do today if I didn't have to go to work.

I would stay home with all the windows open wrapped up in my new comforter and read or sleep till lunch. Then I would make a wonderful black bean and chicken stew with organic/gluten free cornbread and eat till I was full. Then I would watch a couple of hours of DVR television, play with the bunny, then when it has warmed up to a delicious 85 degrees around 3pm I would drive to the lake and run until I could no longer move my legs. I would go home and take a long shower and await my wonderful husband's return from work.

And just as I was opening the door to greet Tim at the end of the day...I pulled into the parking lot at work. So here I am remembering the glorious day that I wish I were having...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the prettiest fairy tale ever! I would totally join you every step of the way.